Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Testing time!!!!!

When my 3 year old nephew called out to me …..Saying tea is awful …. felt like slapping him then ….had put all my efforts…to prepare good tea.
That day I decided, will never try my hands on tea again.

Few days into marriage……Sam asked me to prepare tea…to prepare black tea.

Testing time had come….though I had impressed him with my cooking skills by preparing corn masala …. bhindi and French toast…
I knew after tasting tea he would no more appreciate my cooking skills….

I could not avoid it…nor did I want to avoid it ….but neither did I want to spoil his evening.


Standing in the kitchen….I didn’t know what to do….my hands and feet went cold….
Tea and to top it all black!!!!!!

I gathered courage and prepared BLACK tea….

Nan is it coffee?????

I felt like, hiding somewhere …his next reaction was all the more bad….

Why? Why? Did I experiment …all I had to tell him was I do not know how to prepare tea…?

I sweared for the second time….that no more tea…..


But I had to break that promise again ….
Entered with the tea in my hand….he reacted…but this time with a smile…

Smile said it all…….i am more confident now…

Finally I have overcome the fear of preparing tea….

1 comment:

Llama said...

heehee... even i have a problem making tea! sympathies with u and ur early days of not-knowing.